As part of its leadership role on behalf of real estate professionals GCAR is charged with the enforcement of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics amongst its membership. Included is:
- Promotion of professional conduct through adherence to the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®.The establishment of a Grievance Committee which evaluates complaints from members and the public involving ethics or arbitration.Maintenance of a Professional Standards Committee that conducts ethics hearings to enforce the Code of Ethics and conducts Arbitration hearings to settle disputes arising out of the real estate business.
- Mediation procedures are provided as a resolution alternative to a formal arbitration hearing.
- Ethics Complaint Form
- Request and Agreement to Arbitrate
- Request and Agreement to Arbitrate (nonmember)
- 2016 Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®