Education is now included with your GCAR membership.
GCAR’s school, The Real Estate Professionals’ Institute is pleased to offer a skill-building calendar that will increase your knowledge and drive up your business! You can take continuing education courses, designations, and seminars free of charge!
Classes are offered in Saratoga, Malta, Schenectady, and Troy, as well as our training room in Albany. If we offer the class, we’ll track it for you too. All the classes you take through GCAR are recorded in the ‘class history’ section of your membership file. Log in to the GCAR membership portal, click on class history, and you can see all the classes and credits you have taken.
Class Cancellation Policy: Cancel at least 24 hours in advance. No shows are charged a $25 cancellation fee.
To cancel your class registration, complete the following steps:
Enter your Login ID (the same # used to log into Paragon) & Password (initially the word ‘password’ until you change it)
Under Personal Services, click on ‘Your Education History’
Then click on ‘Classes You are registered for’
On the right side of the page you’ll see a cancellation link, click it.
Then click ‘Submit Cancellation.’ There is a ten-second delay before it notes that you have canceled
If you don’t see a cancellation link then you are within the 24 hour period where you need to pay the $25 cancellation fee
How to be added to a class waitlist: Call GCAR reception at 518-464-0191 and ask to be added to a class waitlist.
Too many class receipts when signing up? No need to call, the database only recognizes you once, you are not taking up multiple spots!
Credit policy: To obtain continuing education (CE) credit for any class, you must arrive on time and sign in plus, stay for the duration of the class and sign out in observance of DOS’ requirements.
Photo and video release: Registering for a class grants us your consent to reproduce, edit, broadcast or rebroadcast any video, film, soundtrack recording and photo reproductions of yourself and/or your narrative account of your experience within said activities, for publication, display, or exhibition thereof in promotions, advertising, education, and legitimate business uses without any compensation to, and/or claim by you.
Cost: $40 members, $60 non-members
• For the benefit of the client and the deal, complete the form properly and save yourself a migraine!
• CE Credits: 3 hours
• Instructor: Bill Alston, Associate Broker
Cost: $125 members/$150 non-members
• Capitalize on what sets REALTORS® apart from real estate licensees. Satisfies NAR’s mandatory ethics training requirement.
• CE Credits: 7.5
• Instructors: Joseph Whittington, GRI
• Nov 7: 9am – 3pm
• Nov 8: 9am – 12pm
• CE Credits: 9 hours
• REALTORS® Should Understand Flooring Basics
• Flooring is expensive, and if it has to be replaced a potential buyer might ask their REALTOR® what type of flooring should they purchase? Or, maybe your buyer doesn’t understand why laminate wood is being used instead of hardwood. Knowing just a little bit about flooring can help you keep or make a deal.
Our sponsor, Mohawk Flooring, will be giving away several Echo Dots during the class and an Echo Show during the cocktail reception.
- Receive an extra 7 hours of CE with a requirements course day that covers: Fair Housing, Ethics and 1 hour of Agency that expires at the end of 2020.
- Your contact info will be listed in the international magazine, Fabulous Floors
- Submit your REALTOR® stories to the magazine
- Discounts on products from local Retailers
Stay after class for fun and networking!
Join us after class, November 7th for a meet and greet with local flooring retailers, consumers, and builders. There will be a chance to win an Echo Show and a free ethics class. You will also receive one drink ticket.
Instructor: Lisbeth Calandrino
Lisbeth Calandrino is considered a floorcovering expert and has recently been recognized by Floor Covering News as one of the top ten people making a difference in the flooring industry. For the past twenty years, she has produced flooring training classes for major manufacturers and retailers including Mohawk Industries and The Home Depot. As a certified independent flooring inspector, she is technically savvy on maintenance, warranties, and flooring problems. Lisbeth is currently Associate Publisher of Fabulous Floors Magazine and author of Red Hot Customer Service.
GCAR has underwritten the cost of this course so it be can be offered at a discounted rate.
Cost: $40 members/$85 non-members
• Take Ethics, Fair Housing, and 1 hour of Agency all in one day to complete 7 Hours of continuing education.
• CE Credits: 7
• Instructors: Rory O’Connor, Mary Peyton, Jeffrey Decatur, Jill Birdsall
- Every REALTOR® must complete Ethics by December 2018 – we are in cycle 5 (new 2-year requirement by NAR)
- Every REALTOR® must complete Fair Housing prior to renewing their license
- Every REALTOR® MUST COMPLETE 1 HOUR OF Agency if licensed for 3+ years (2 hours if in first two years of licensing)
• Cost: $40 GCAR members/$55 non-members
•REALTORS® will learn about the particular needs of first-time homebuyers, the programs, and products that are available to them and how to access these resources. Topics include down payment assistance programs, mortgage products, construction/rehabilitation products, and housing and financial counseling/education.
• CE Credits: 3 hours
• Instructor: Carlton Troeger
♦ CE Credits: 3
♦ Instructor: Bill Alston
♦ Want to avoid problems at closing? A canceled contract? The need for an addendum? Title work to be redone? An appraisal being amended? Learn how to complete these vital contracts correctly the first time and sale smoothly through your closing!