Almost all REALTORS® are required to take educational courses to maintain their real estate license to keep up to date in matters like Fair Housing and Discrimination, Ethics and the Law of Agency. Many REALTORS® seek out courses of intensive study in specific subject areas called ‘Designations’ or ‘Certifications’ which increase their knowledge and expertise to better help their clients: you.
The Designation courses will confer specific initials after their name upon completion, below are just some of the acronyms you could see after your REALTORS® name:
- CBR = Certified Buyer Representative
- ABR = Accredited Buyer Representative
- SRS = Seller Representative Specialist
- SRES = Seniors Real Estate Specialist
- SFR = Short Sales & Foreclosures Resource
- MRP = Military Relocation Professional
- RSPS = Resort & Second Home Property Specialist
Certifications do not confer initials but, REALTORS® can show their certificates of completion in their listing appointments. Regardless of the type of education taken, REALTORS® are in the business to help their clients and education is just one of the ways our members strive to increase their professionalism and industry knowledge.