451 New Karner Rd
Albany, NY 12205
CE Credits: 9 hours
Learn how flooring affects home sales
Flooring can make or break your sale. Replacing flooring in a house is a major expense. It is important to understand the types of flooring available and their pros and cons so that you can advise your clients.
- This course will explore the various flooring products, maintenance, how to file a claim, if necessary, and what buyers and sellers should know about slip/fall and fire codes.
- Consumers want their flooring to look good, therefore, we will review the different types of cleaning materials and how to properly care for floors to make them last longer.
- Consumers buying commercial or residential properties may find themselves with difficult site conditions such as moisture challenges. Knowing what products work best with moisture prone areas is essential to the purchase of the correct product.
- We will discuss how to determine if upgrading or refinishing the flooring in property is necessary.
- We will review flooring options or modifications for those consumers who are aging and want to remain in their homes longer.
Upon completion of the course you will receive:
- Free subscription to Fabulous Floors magazine.
- Your photo and contact info will be featured in Fabulous Floors magazine (reach 45,000 consumers).
- Opportunity to write an article for Fabulous Floors or Premier Flooring Retailer.
- Offers and discounts through local flooring retailers that you can pass on to your clients.
- Listing on gcar.com/designations-and-certifications
- FREE Ethics, Fair Housing, & Agency combo class, 7 hours of CE credit and required DOS/NAR classes for FREE (GCAR members only) More info on this offer.
April 11 | 9am – 3:30pm
Overview of flooring products: Carpet • Wood • Laminate • Vinyl • Bamboo • Cork • Tile • Stone
- Pros and Cons of each product
- Trends and development of products
April 12 | 9am – 12pm
Advanced flooring systems and troubleshooting
- Concrete problems
- Standard flooring codes
- Aging in place
Instructor: Lisbeth Calandrino
Lisbeth Calandrino is considered a floorcovering expert and has recently been recognized by Floor Covering News as one of the top ten people making a difference in the flooring industry. For the past twenty years, she has produced flooring training classes for major manufacturers and retailers including Mohawk Industries and The Home Depot. As a certified independent flooring inspector, she is technically savvy on maintenance, warranties, and flooring problems. Lisbeth is currently Associate Publisher of Fabulous Floors Magazine and author of Red Hot Customer Service.