Recovering and Upgrading Commercial Sites
CE Credit: 3
Instructor: Lisbeth Calandrino
Many factors contribute to the value of commercial space for the buyer and seller. But some of the biggest driving forces are appearance, cost-to-value, and energy efficiency. How does the building look – and not just on the outside, but on the inside? How does the building add value after its sold? And how can you as a buyer and seller help invest in our future and in our environment?
Oftentimes, a building is in need of a little upgrade or refresh as opposed to a whole rebuild. Smaller, more simple renovations can help make a space more appealing to a wider variety of prospective tenants or potential buyers. Home inspectors, appraisers, and potential clients expect REALTORS to do all the right things to attract the buyer. But the homeowner might not want to embark on a major remodeling project that will break the bank. In fact, a major overhaul may not be in the potential homeowner’s best interest.
This 3-hour course taught by Lisbeth Calandrino will help a REALTOR’s client develop a budget for low-cost building improvements; will give them affordable solutions for expensive problems; offer advice on how to boost value before and after a sale; and help create a picturesque commercial site resulting in happier, longer-term tenants!
- Do not drive during the course, as this presents an obvious safety issue.
- Do not conduct any alternate business. Please pay attention for the duration of the course.
- You must have your video on and audio enabled at all times during the course.
- Virtual backgrounds are no longer allowed.
- You must be centered in the camera’s view and visible during the course.
- Please answer the moderators when spoken to.
- If you choose not to follow any of the rules, you forfeit all CE credit.
- If you “no show” or cancel less than 24 hours prior, there is a $25.00 fee.
- Certificates will not be emailed unless all students answered the poll question or submit a completed attestation form.
If you have any questions, please call GCAR reception at: 518.464.0191 x 0
Included in your GCAR membership dues (AKA free for GCAR members)
$15 per CE credit hour