Who We Are
The territorial jurisdiction of the Association as a Member of the National Association of REALTORS® is Albany County, Rensselaer County, Montgomery County, Schenectady County, Schoharie County, Fulton County, and portions of Hamilton County which includes the townships of Hope, Benson, Wells Lake Pleasant, and Speculator in the State of New York and the southern portion of Washington County (to include Greenwich, Salem, and south) and all of Saratoga County except for the Village of South Glens Falls, Town of Moreau, Town of Hadley, Village of Corinth and Town of Corinth.
What We Do
GCAR is a trade association of 3500 real estate licensees and affiliated professionals in related industries united in purpose and dedicated to providing knowledgeable and ethical real estate services to consumers and to fellow Realtors®. We provide a variety of services, including educational opportunities, professional standards enforcement, market statistics, legislative reviews, issues lobbying, multiple listing, lockbox services, and more.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession for the purpose of exerting a beneficial influence upon the profession and related interests.
- To promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Realtors®.
- To provide a unified medium for real estate owners and those engaged in the real estate profession whereby their interests may be safeguarded and advanced.
- To further the interests of home and other real property ownership.
- To unite those engaged in the real estate profession in this community with the New York State Association of Realtors® and the National Association of Realtors®, thereby furthering their own objectives throughout the state and nation, and obtaining the benefits and privileges of membership therein.
- To designate, for the benefit of the public, individuals authorized to use the terms Realtor® and Realtors® as licensed, prescribed, and controlled by the National Association of Realtors®.
The Greater Capital Association of Realtors® strives to provide its members with programs and services which enhance the members’ ability to successfully conduct their businesses in a competent and ethical manner and to promote the public’s right to use and transfer real property.
Realtors® adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and employ professional standards through required educational programs, professional certifications, and principles of real estate sales practice.
Serving the Community
As the Capital Region’s source of real estate knowledge, we serve the whole community. To best serve our members and the public, we tailor our messages specifically for you.