Good Neighbor Award
A local program to recognize a GCAR Member who is making an extraordinary impact through community service.
The recipient’s organization of choice (501c3 organization) will receive a grant of $3,000.00.
Deadline: October 20, 2023
- Nominees must be members of GCAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed volunteer (unpaid) hours to a program that improves the livability of a community. The program’s activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring and homelessness prevention.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials and other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on the level of personal contribution, the impact of personal contribution, the broadness of impact and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association or company-wide efforts. If an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievement of two people (such as a married couple of co-founders of an organization) cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place during the timeframe specified on the application form, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that timeframe that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement through published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another GCAR member, a state or local association executive, or the community organization they serve.)
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the Greater Capital Association of REALTORS®.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another GCAR member, a state or local association executive or the community organization they serve.
- To enter, complete the official entry form and submit it with attachments.
- Entries must be received by September 1, 2020, to be considered as a candidate for that calendar year’s award(s). All entries shall become the property of GCAR and will not be returned.
- The finalist’s nomination materials will be sent to a panel of judges for scoring. Judges will award points to finalists’ entries based on the level of personal contribution, the impact of personal contribution and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®. The judges’ decisions are final.
- Grant will be awarded to the community organization named on the entry form by the winner (501c3 organization). The grant can be divided among more than one organization only if the winner has documented those organizations on the entry form.
- The GCAR staff will not take phone calls or release any information regarding the judges’ identities, judging process, or status of the entries.
REALTOR® of the Year
The Realtor® of the Year award is bestowed annually to a leader who exhibits great dedication to GCAR’s members and mission. The honor is awarded to an individual who has donated countless hours of time and talent to his or her association on the local level, as well as the state and national levels.
When considering candidates for Realtor of the Year the following areas will be included in that review:
- Local association participation: Association leadership positions held; committee assignments; educational activity; memberships and offices held in affiliated organizations.
- Civic and community activity: Local, state, and national level participation in civic and service organizations; charitable activities; participation in fraternal, religious, and/or political organizations.
- Business accomplishments: Recognition of high standards of business conduct; service to clients and customers; imaginative and creative advertising programs; etc.
- Commitment to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics: High ethical principles; adherence to licensing laws, local association rules & regulations, and the Realtor Code of Ethics.
- State and national association activity: Offices and/or committee positions held; participation in conventions, educational conferences, etc.
Nominations are due October 20, 2023
A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty years is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
A completed application is necessary to begin the approval process for REALTOR® Emeritus status, which must be completed by the candidate’s local association. Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership (and one (1) year of service, as applicable) must be attached to the application.
The new REALTOR® Emeritus eligibility criteria shall be implemented as follows:
In addition to the required forty (40) years of REALTOR® membership:
- Applications submitted in the years 2015 through 2019 will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the local, state, or National Association level.
- Applications submitted in 2020 and beyond will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level.
* “Service” is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, president’s liaison or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
If you qualify and would like to apply for REALTOR® Emeritus status, please contact Sherry Marr at GCAR at 518.464.0191 x23 or email@example.com by September 2.