Education is the foundation for professionalism in the real estate industry. GCAR’s school, The Real Estate Professional’s Institute, offers a skill-building calendar to meet the NY Department of State and the National Association of REALTORS’ education requirements. Classes are offered throughout the Capital District and at our headquarters located at 451 New Karner Road, Albany, NY 12205.
GCAR Education Policies
Class Cancellation Policy: Cancel at least 24 hours in advance using the online cancelation process shown below. Members who register for a class and do not show are charged a $25 cancellation fee.
To cancel a GCAR education course follow these steps:
- Login to GCAR Member Services. Your username is your member ID and your password is ‘password’ in lower case unless you updated it. Call GCAR at 518.464.0191 x13 for additional assistance
- On the left side of the screen under ‘click here to,’ click on ‘Your Education history’
- Then click on ‘Classes you are registered for’
- To cancel the class, click on the blue box: ‘Registration Cancellation’
- Then click on ‘Submit cancellation’ (You must complete this step to cancel!)
- Click on ‘Back to the main menu’ to return and conduct other business
How to be added to a class waitlist: Call GCAR reception at 518-464-0191 and ask to be added to a class waitlist.
Too many class receipts when signing up? No need to call, the database only recognizes you once, you are not taking up multiple spots!
CE credit policy: members will receive continuing education credit (CE) for those courses noted with CE if they: follow the Zoom or classroom rules. Zoom rules require members to have video and audio capability, sign their legal name into the chat feature when they arrive and exit class and not miss more than 10% of class content. Live classroom rules are the same as Zoom rules with the exception of a physical sign in, sign out process. For full-day courses, student sign-in is required upon return from the lunch break.
Photo and video release: Registering for a class grants us your consent to reproduce, edit, broadcast, or rebroadcast any video, film, soundtrack recording, and photo reproductions of yourself and/or your narrative account of your experience within said activities, for publication, display, or exhibition thereof in promotions, advertising, education, and legitimate business uses without any compensation to, and/or claim by you.
To view the classes you’ve taken through GCAR, follow these steps:
- Login into GCAR Member Services
- Enter your Logon ID (member#)
- Enter your Password (the word ‘password’ unless you changed it)
- On the left column, click on ‘Your Education History’
- Click on ‘Classes You have taken’
- Courses that contained DOS core content or NAR requirements will show in the course title: Fair Housing ‘FH,’ Agency A/1 or A/2, Ethics ‘E,’ Legal ‘L.’
- GCAR will only track a class taken outside of GCAR if it is a code of ethics course. Please send any outside ethics course to email@example.com so we can log and update NAR of compliance
Upcoming Zoom Classes
In an effort to clearly display any DOS or NAR required content, please note the color-coded tag that shows: Ethics, Agency, Fair Housing, or Legal Update
Use the ‘tag’ and ‘month’ dropdowns to find certain types of classes, ex: ethics