Annual Trade Show
A day devoted to networking and professional development.
GCAR encourages you to get involved in the many committees that help guide the course of our association. If you would like to join a committee, please contact Sherry Marr at 518-464-0191 x23.
Continuing Education and Licensing Classes
The Real Estate Professionals Institute offers live classes at the GCAR headquarters. Our instructors are leaders in their industries and our topics are always exciting and timely.
- Skill training programs
- Management seminars
- Designation courses
- Sponsorship of GRI courses
The CE Shop offers online continuing educating courses at a discounted rate for GCAR members.
We provide low-cost arbitration and mediation services to resolve business disputes between Realtors® using The Realtor® Code of Ethics. You and your clients may file ethics complaints, mediation and/or arbitration requests without having to go to court.
You’ll always be up-to-the-minute on GCAR information and events with our member message newsletter, as well as postings here and on Facebook and Twitter. Or be sure to check out Across the Association, the official publication of GCAR.
Legislative and Regulation Support
Recognizing that events in Albany and Washington D.C. greatly affect the ability of private property owners to freely buy, sell and use real property GCAR, in partnership with State and National associations is active in helping to mold legislation beneficial to private property owners. That effort includes:
- Participation in lobbying efforts of the National Association of REALTORS® and the New York State Association of REALTORS®.
- Interaction with State and National legislators on issues affecting property rights and the Real Estate industry in general. Contributions to the REALTORS® Political Action Fund (RPAC) and support of committee actions.
- Responses to calls-to-action when requested by local, state, and national REALTORS® trade groups.
The Global MLS is a cost-effective computerized regional multiple listing service. A Board of Directors representing the members manages it. GCAR is a 50% shareholder in Global MLS.
- Zipform Plus
- Supra Lock Boxes and eKEY
- IDX Feeds
- RE Technology Update
Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Brokers (CIREB)
CIREB represents the common interests of its members who are engaged in all aspects of the commercial and industrial real estate business in New York’s Capital Region and its extended Tech Valley.