Instructor: Brennon Thompson, GRAR Community Engagement & Fair Housing Manager
American society was built upon and thrives on the diversity of customs, traditions, and societies. It’s what makes America’s communal heritage uniquely exceptional. Therefore, to be culturally knowledgeable and aware is to strengthen those who live in this country. Cultural competency is defined as understanding cultural norms, preferences, and challenges within our diverse communities. To navigate the business and professional world is to be empathetic, understanding, and accepting of others’ cultural differences so we can appreciate our similarities to better the client’s life.
- Do not drive during the course, as this presents an obvious safety issue.
- Do not conduct any alternate business. Please pay attention for the duration of the course.
- You must have your video on and audio enabled at all times during the course.
- Virtual backgrounds are no longer allowed.
- You must be centered in the camera’s view and visible during the course.
- Please answer the moderators when spoken to.
- If you choose not to follow any of the rules, you forfeit all CE credit.
- If you “no show” or cancel less than 24 hours prior, there is a $25.00 fee.
- Certificates will not be emailed unless all students answered the poll question or submit a completed attestation form.
If you have any questions, please call GCAR reception at: 518.464.0191 x 0
Included in your GCAR membership dues (AKA free for GCAR members)
$15 per CE credit hour
$10 per hour without CE